Radarpost.cl - Plant extract known as saw palmetto is frequently used for a number of health issues, particularly those involving hair loss and prostate health. The following lists its applications, both internal and external:
Saw palmetto is generally prescribed at a dose of 160–320 mg per day when taken orally. However, prior to beginning any supplementation, it is imperative that you speak with a healthcare provider.
Benefits to Health:
Saw palmetto is frequently used to maintain the health of the prostate, especially when treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms.
It's also used by some to treat hormonal imbalances and conditions like acne and hair loss.
Saw palmetto is available for purchase as an ointment for external application or as an oil extract.
It can be gently massaged into the hair roots for hair-related issues. Its constituents are lipophilic, or fond of fat, which makes it ideal for skin absorption and extraction into oil bases.
- For best absorption, if applied before hair washing, let it sit for at least 30 minutes to an hour or two.
- Preheating the oil extract (in a warm bath or for a short time in the microwave) can improve absorption.
- For hair-related issues, it's recommended to apply it the night before bed and let it sit overnight for optimal effects.
- Always do a patch test to rule out any allergic reactions before putting anything new on your skin.
- If you encounter any negative side effects, stop using the product and seek medical advice.
- There is little scientific evidence to support Saw Palmetto's use for hair-related issues, and its efficacy may differ from person to person.
While Saw Palmetto and other natural remedies are well-liked, it is important to stress that seeking medical advice is always advisable, particularly if you have pre-existing health conditions or are thinking about using them internally. Based on your current state of health and any possible drug or treatment interactions, they can offer you tailored advice.