Radarpost.cl - White teeth are one of the best accessories a gal can wear! Whether you choose to whiten your teeth at home products or get professional dentist whitening treatments, getting a bright smile can make the world of difference in your overall appearance. Instead of spending hours and hours at the dental office each month to get the look you want, you can use these tips to help you learn how to keep your teeth their whitest.
1. Professional Treatments
- Consider professional teeth whitening treatments at a dental office or salon for effective and dramatic results.
- Inform your dentist about any veneers, as they may need special attention during the whitening process.
2. Avoid Staining Foods and Drinks
- Limit the consumption of staining foods and drinks such as coffee, dark wine, and colas.
- Use a straw when drinking dark beverages to minimize contact with your teeth.
- Smoking can contribute to yellowing teeth, so consider quitting or reducing tobacco use.
3. Good Oral Hygiene
- Brush and floss at least twice daily to remove plaque and maintain good oral hygiene.
- Regular oral care helps prevent new stain marks and complements professional treatments.
4. At-Home Touch-ups
- Use at-home touch-up treatments between professional whitening sessions.
- Crest's whitening strips and other products containing peroxide and baking soda can help maintain white teeth.
- Weekly touch-ups may be necessary, especially if you smoke or consume dark beverages regularly.
5. Choosing Lipstick Colors Wisely
- Opt for lipstick colors with blue undertones (purples, plums) to create the illusion of whiter teeth.
- Avoid lipsticks with yellow undertones (orange shades) as they can make teeth appear less white.
6. Regular Dental Check-ups
- Schedule regular dental check-ups to address any potential issues and maintain overall oral health.
- Consult with your dentist about your whitening routine to ensure it aligns with your dental health.
7. Hydration and Balanced Diet
- Drink plenty of water to help rinse away food particles and prevent staining.
- Consume a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables for overall dental health.
8. Limit Sugar Intake
- Reduce the consumption of sugary foods and beverages, as they can contribute to tooth decay and discoloration.
Remember, individual results may vary, and it's essential to consult with your dentist before starting any new whitening regimen. Additionally, maintaining overall oral health is crucial for achieving and preserving a bright, white smile.